Monday, June 9, 2014

Gone

You left, after so many years
You left and didn’t say good-bye.
We were the best of friends
Kindred spirits since we were young.
We grew together, we fought, we talked,
We laughed, were quiet, but were connected.

And then you left.

You found a boy and lost yourself
In him and you seemed to forget
Who you were and where you came from
Who you left behind.
Never did I hear from you
Never did I see you
For years you were gone.

Was it because of you that I found her?
She was lost, I wanted to fulfill.
Her lips were new and I didn’t know better
Guess that’s why I fell so hard.
Three weeks later, my heart hurt
I let her go, her anger glancing off me.
A summer experience
That’s what I call her
Makes my shame easier to bear.
Maybe.

And then you came back.
I was shocked really.
You walked up with your mom, looking sheepish.
Of course I hugged you
Of course I gave you a hard time

Of course I was happy to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment