Sunday, June 16, 2013

No More Than A Feeling?

Where does it come from?
Where does it go?
Why does it always get riled up
by that stupid country music?
Blake and Brad and even Taylor,
They seem to have it distilled.
And they put it into their music.
And it goes straight to my heart.

Sure, we all want to love.
To have some one.
To hold hands.
To hold each other.
To fight and make up.
To look long and close eyes.
Intimacy.

I'm the same.
At least I think I am.
I have no experience with it,
but I know that I want it.

The real question isn't new.
What to do about it.
This is me we're talking about.
Confidence and fear
inseparable in me.
An apparently they're fighting.
Each keeps the other at bay.
In the end, stagnation.

Kind of pointless now.
I'm in the middle of nowhere.
Isolated to the extreme.
In the future, maybe time to change.
But that's what I thought last year.
And the year before that.
And the year before that.

Maybe, for me at least,
Boston was wrong.
It isn't anything more than a feeling.
Just a feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment